Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cholesterol "The Silent Killer"

"I am an active person, one who regards himself as healthy, fit and in the prime of life at 40. I ride my bike,work out and I eat right, I even do a triathlon here and there. So imagine my surprise finding out, while getting a physical for my insurance, that at age 40 I had what the doctor called a "high risk cholesterol level". I was shocked and went directly for a second test because I was sure he was wrong. When I finally came to grips with the fact that I did indeed have a cholesterol issue, I decided to take better control of my diet and health.

I believe in the natural health approach, so I took to studying how to lower my cholesterol naturally. First, I cut out all meats period! For 6 weeks I ate mainly fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Through my research I found the most effective supplements to take as well. I started taking Niacin, Lecithin and Grandma's Herbs Cholesterol formula. I also continued to stay active. After 6 weeks I slowly introduced meats back into my diet, but in moderation. After 8 weeks I had my cholesterol re-checked. I was relieved to be told I had lowered my cholesterol back to a "normal level".  I continue to keep a close watch on my cholesterol, as well as take the necessary supplements needed to keep it at a healthy level. I am grateful there are alternatives available to help take control of a serious issue naturally."

Kevin Parr

 Herbs in Grandma's Herbs Cholesterol: 
 Garlic (bulb) Turmeric (root), Bayberry (root), Cayenne (fruit), Hawthorne Berry (herb), Niacinamide, Lecithin (granules), Fenugreek (seed), Milk Thistle (seed), Black Cohosh (root), Sassafras (root), Apple Pectin (concentrate), Citrus Juice Pectin (concentrate), Alfalfa (leaf), Plantain (herb & seed), Bladderwrack (herb), Speedwell (herb), Rhubarb (root), Canaigre (root)

1 comment: